Through its Young Scientist Fund, ESWI provides grants to promising scientists who wish to attend the Sixth ESWI Influenza Conference. Young researchers can be awarded free registration (€880) and, additionally, non-EU residents can be awarded a travel and accommodation grant of €400 if
- he/she completed registration for the conference;
- he/she is a PhD student or has held a PhD for no longer than seven (7) years at the time of application;
- he/she has submitted an abstract for the Sixth ESWI Influenza Conference (online abstract submission opens 1 February 2017);
- he/she has submitted the completed ESWI Young Scientist Application Form and a proof of status (on institution’s letterhead from a faculty member or Department Head) to ESWI’s management, Mr. David De Pooter, at email@example.com before or on 15 May 2017.
- Applicants need not pay their registration fee to be eligible.
- Applicants will be informed about approval/rejection of their application around 1 June 2017. Rejected applicants will be given the opportunity to register at the early bird rate of €880 until 15 June 2017.