Welcome to the Young Scientists
The ESWI Young Scientist Fund provides travel and participation grants to young scientists from all over the globe who wish to attend the European Influenza Conferences and engage with distinguished members, speakers and participants over the 4-day conference.
Our Young Scientists session will open with a plenary devoted entirely to the work of promising scientists. In past editions, these plenaries have been highly appreciated in the influenza community, mainly due to their innovative and refreshing nature.
The Young Scientist Fund is an open competition and applications are evaluated by our Scientific Programme Committee.
Are you eligible? Check below:
- you are a senior PhD student (expected to complete your dissertation within a year of the conference) or
- you hold a PhD or a clinical qualification for less than 3 years at the time of the application. Special considerations (e.g. maternity / paternity leave) will be taken into account
- your research focuses on one of the conference’s main programme topics (either in the Scientific Programme or Science Policy Interface track)
How to apply? (Opens in 2023)
- complete your application online via conftool
- submit proof of status (on institution’s letterhead from a faculty member or Department Head) and
- submit a research abstract (either as an author or a co-author)
For the ESWI Influenza Conference 2023, the submission deadline is May 30th 2023 at 23:59 CET.
You will be contacted by June 2023.